Appointment and Hours
To make an appointment, call the Counseling Services Office at (402) 844-7277 or (402) 844-7272. Or, feel free to stop by Union 73, Student Health and Counseling: Office 215 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Counseling Services (CS) are free and available to all Northeast Community College and University of Nebraska Medical Center students currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours on the Norfolk campus. Students at the other sites please check with your Extended Campus Director.
What to expect when you make an appointment:
- All appointments are confidential.
- The initial appointment will take approximately 30-45 minutes.
- At the first appointment you will:
- Meet with the counselor to discuss your concerns and collect some preliminary information about yourself
- You and the counselor will decide on the best way to address your concerns. This may involve individual counseling; referral to a physician; student health services; or, perhaps, a referral to a clinician in the community.
- If you are returning to CS for services, you should let the front desk staff know this when you call to schedule services.
- Anyone arriving more than 15 minutes late for any appointment will be asked to reschedule.
If you need to cancel your appointment call (402) 844-7277 as soon as possible. You can leave a message if you are calling outside of business hours.
For all safety and medical emergencies, call 911, Click for more Emergency Information