Northeast Community College offers students a number of scholarships, merit tuition waivers, and performance grants established by the College and by the Northeast Foundation. Qualifications, deadlines, and amounts vary.
Application and Eligibility
A current Application for Admission must be on file with the Admissions Office before a student is considered for any scholarship award. In addition, for any scholarship requiring a student to show financial need, the Financial Aid Office must receive and verify the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to determine eligibility. Scholarships that require financial need will be awarded to students pending verification of need by the FAFSA. Recipients that do not demonstrate need or fail to submit a FAFSA will have the scholarship removed from their financial aid award and the scholarship will be awarded to the alternate.
For most of the scholarships offered at Northeast just one online scholarship application is required. The Online Scholarship Application for the 2020-2021 academic year is available October 1 and due no later than March 1. Click on the Online Scholarship Application link to create your scholarship account and complete the scholarship application.
Scholarship recipients must meet Northeast's Financial Aid Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress policy and all the qualifications of the scholarship at the time of selection and at each disbursement of the scholarship dollars.
- Additional Opportunities
- Administrative Professional
- Auto Body Repair Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Building Construction
- Criminal Justice
- Diesel Technology
- Electrical Construction and Control
- Emergency Medical Services
- General Scholarships
- Graphic Design
- Health Information Management Systems
- Health, Physical Education and Recreation
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Horticulture and Golf Course Management
- Information Technology
- Liberal Arts
- Library Information Science
- Merit Scholarships
- Nursing Practical
- Nursing-Associate Degree
- Outside Scholarships
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Political Science
- Pre-Professional Mortuary Science
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care
- Surgical Technology
- Transfer Scholarships
- Truck Driving
- Utility Line
- Veterinary Technology
- Vocational Programs
- Wind Energy
Additional Northeast Community College Scholarship Opportunities
- General Scholarship Listing
Just the one online scholarship application is required for both the program specific and general scholarships available at Northeast Community College.
- Merit Awards for Freshmen
- Additional Northeast Scholarships
Each of these scholarships requires a separate application form and/or selection by a high school. Deadlines may vary. Applications are located in the brochure kiosk outside the Financial Aid Office in the College Welcome Center unless otherwise noted.
- Sophomore Transfer Students
The following scholarships are for Northeast Community College students completing their sophomore year and planning to transfer to a four-year institution. Applications are located in the brochure kiosk outside the Financial Aid Office in the College Welcome Center unless otherwise noted. Scholarship listings are subject to change.
- Outside Scholarships
Each of these scholarships requires a separate application form and deadlines may vary. Click on the link to each scholarship for deadlines and application information.
OTHER SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- www.uncf.org - United Negro College Fund
- www.hsf.net - Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- www.IEFA.org - International Education for Financial Aid
- www.maldef.org - Mexican - American legal defense fund
- www.aises.org - American Indian Science and Engineering
- www.chci.org - Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute
- www.nacufs.org - National Assoc. of College & Univ. Food Services
- www.lcf.org - Lincoln Community Foundation
- www.gmsp.org - Gates Millennium Scholars
- www.nsbe.org - National Society of Black Engineers
- www.chemistry.org - American Chemical Society
Check the following sources to verify the legitimacy of any financial aid consultants or search services you may use or hire and for tips on avoiding scholarship scams:
- U.S. Department of Education: www.studentaid.ed.gov
- Federal Trade Commission: www.ftc.gov
- Better Business Bureau: www.bbb.com
Department Scholarships and Tuition Waivers
Department Scholarships and Tuition Waivers are awarded in limited numbers through individual departments. Please contact the individual department on how to apply.
New scholarships are frequently available during the academic year and information on how to apply may be found on the website, in the Financial Aid Office, and in the "What's Happening' student newsletter. Program specific scholarship opportunities are emailed to eligible students.