Apprenticeship is a flexible training strategy that allows you to develop career skills while working and earning a wage. It combines classroom instruction and on-the-job training to facilitate learning and career development.
Earn While You Learn
Apprenticeship is great for individuals who...
- Need to earn a paycheck but are interested in training for a new career.
- Are not planning to pursue education as a traditional full-time college student.
- Enjoy on-the-job learning and hands-on experience.
- Want to learn something new!
Reasons to Become An Apprentice
You get relevant work experience while in college.
Many companies cover the cost of tuition and fees for apprenticeship-related instruction.
Upon completing an apprenticeship program, you’ll earn a nationally recognized credential that is transportable if you change jobs.
As employees of the companies that sponsor apprenticeships, apprentices receive incremental raises and, in many cases, company benefits.
Apprenticeship is an investment in you by an employer. Your future career success then becomes their return on investing in you.
A way to move to a higher-level job in one's current field or transition between careers while still earning an income.
Steps to Become an Apprentice
- Schedule an appointment. We’ll answer your questions about apprenticeships and discuss current opportunities.
- Get paired with an organization that is looking for an apprentice in your area of interest.
- Earn while you learn. Get on-the-job training from your employer and classroom instruction from Northeast Community College.