Testing with Accommodations
Testing with accommodations are any modifications made to the tests or testing environment that allows students the ability to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in a testing situation.
Please keep the following in mind:
- The Student's Letter of Accommodation must be on file in Northeast's Testing Center before any testing accommodations can be provided.
- Students must schedule the testing appointment with the Testing Center two days prior to the day of the test during the term and one week prior to the day of the test for finals.
- Students are required to take the test during their scheduled class time period. There are three exceptions to the policy:
- If students' accommodations would cause their test to conflict with another class time period, then the students will need to make arrangements with their instructor to begin the test earlier or take it at another time. Arrangements must be made prior to scheduling the test, and instructors have the right to choose the alternate time.
- If Northeast's Testing Center cannot provide students' required accommodations, the Testing Staff will notify their instructor to make other arrangements for the exam.
- If students' tests fall outside of Northeast's Testing Center's hours, students must make arrangements with their instructor to schedule the test during testing hours. All arrangements must be made prior to scheduling the student's test. The instructor may choose the date and time for the student to take the test.
- Students may not schedule an alternate time to test, no matter the reason, without first speaking to their instructor. Unless students need an alternate time for reasons listed above, instructors have the right to refuse to allow their students to test during the requested time. If instructors notify Northeast's Testing Center that the request for an alternate test time has been denied, the Testing Center will not administer the test until the instructors have contacted the Testing Center's office to approve the alternate time.
Complete the Testing Student Request form, and give it to your instructor. Do not forget to send your instructor a reminder email, the day before your scheduled testing appointment, with the following information: Your appointment time, date, test, and the Testing Center's email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Information for Students:
Photo identification is required for all testing.
Acceptable forms of photo identification include:
- Current college student ID
- Current driver's license
- State approved ID
- Current state or federal ID card
- Current passport or passport card
- Tribal ID card
- Naturalization card
In order to schedule a testing appointment, please contact Northeast's Testing Center by calling (402) 844-7281 or (402) 844-7708, emailing email@example.com, or visiting Northeast's Testing Center located in the College Welcome Center, Room 1252 or 1256.
When scheduling a testing appointment, provide Northeast's Testing Center with the following Information:
- Instructor's Name
- Course name
- Format: paper/pencil or computer based
- Length of time