Providing a supportive environment for students
Northeast Community College is committed to helping you achieve your educational and career goals. Once enrolled, you will be assigned an Advising Team, made up of a First Year/Retention Advisor and a Program Advisor. Additionally, a Dean and Associate Dean or Program Director are available to assist students. First Year Advisors are assigned based on your program of study (major). Program Advisors are typically faculty within your program of study.
Advisors are provided to help with educational planning, transfer processes, career exploration and development, changes of major, schedule building and adjustments, academic recovery, and other issues impacting your academic success.
All students are required to meet with their First Year Advisor prior to course registration until they have earned 28 credit hours and are academically in Good Standing. First Year/Retention Advisors are located in the Advising and Academic Support Center in the College Welcome Center.
To see who your assigned advisor is, log into DegreeWorks (located in your MyApps portal).
Contact your First Year/Retention Advisor:
- Taylor Christiansen: Taylor@northeast.edu, (402) 844-7243, Facebook: Taylor At Northeast
- Liz Gubbels: email@example.com, (402) 844-7715, Facebook: Liz At Northeast
- Heidi Hausmann: firstname.lastname@example.org, (402) 844-7725, Facebook: Heidi at Northeast
- Shelley Lammers: email@example.com, (402) 844-7282, Facebook: Shelley At Northeast
- Ted Myers: firstname.lastname@example.org, (402) 844-7270, Facebook: Ted At Northeast
- Lisa Reifenrath: email@example.com, (402) 844-7269, Facebook: Lisa At Northeast
- Amanda Schultze: firstname.lastname@example.org, (402) 844-7323, Facebook: Amanda At Northeast
- Iris Woodhead: email@example.com, (402) 844-7300, Facebook: Iris At Northeast
Students at Extended Campus locations can contact the following: