5 on 5 Basketball
- You will play two halves, each 10 minutes long. Half time will be five minutes. The clock will NOT stop.
- You must have four people in order for the game to count.
- You may only sign up eight people on your roster.
- Fouls will be call-your-own but a referee will be there to make the final call.*When there is one minute left- Free throws will be "1 & 1" at the end of both halves.
- Referee will give out only one warning for rough play. Ejection will occur after that.
- In case of a tie, we will play a two-minute sudden death round- "1 &1" free throws all two minutes.
- You can only be on one team. If you are caught playing on two teams, both your original team and the team that picked you up will forfeit their last games.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled time to check in with the Intramural staff.
- Depending on the number of teams, we will decide if there will be a tournament at the end or go by the best record to determine first place.
- Games will be on Monday and Tuesday starting at 7:00 pm in the Cox Activities Center. Please specify on your roster the day your team can play.
- Every player MUST show his/her current Northeast student ID before EVERY game in order to play. Anyone without an ID will NOT play.
- Games will start as scheduled. It will be a forfeit if your team is not present at its scheduled time.
- It is the captains responsibility to make sure that the rest of the team knows the rules.
The winners will receive T-shirts.
How to Sign Up
Signing up is easy. If you already have a team, then fill out the roster form (located under Intramural Board in the Cox Activity Center) and submit it to Cox 113. If you don't have a team but would like to sign up as a "free agent", then fill out our free agent application.