Providing a supportive environment for students.



We are committed to assisting you meet your educational and career goals. Once enrolled, you will be assigned a Faculty Advisor to help guide you through class selections and development of a plan to graduate in the time frame you wish. General Advisors are also available in the Advising & Academic Support Center to help you with educational planning, career development and academic success.

If you have questions about your program of study, have questions about transferring, need help selecting classes, or have questions about resources available to you at Northeast, you can call (402) 844-7719, stop by College Welcome Center 1284 or email to schedule an appointment.

If you are undecided about your major or program of study, try taking Northeast's MyMajors Assessment.

Change of Major or Concentration

A student may change his/her major, change his/her concentration, or add a new major by completing an "Add or Change of Major Form". This form must be signed by the student and either a general advisor from the Academic Advisement Center, or his/her designee. The general advisor will review things to consider prior to initiating the change in major or concentration, including financial aid and transfer issues. The form must be filled our completely, including a new tentative graduation date.

The completed "Add or Change of Major Form" must be processed in the Registrar's Office. If the student is requesting a change to a limited enrollment program major, the student must check with the Admissions Office regarding the availability of space in the program. Note: Changing one's major to a limited enrollment program major does not guarantee a space in the program.

To start the process, schedule an appointment with the Academic Advisement Center General Advisors by visiting the receptionist in the College Welcome Center, or by calling (402) 844-7719.