Skip to main content

Campus Housing

Disability Services

The Disability Services Program is committed to providing equal educational opportunities for enrolled students who have documented disabilities under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Academic accommodations are determined on an individual basis.

  • Do I need accommodations for a disability?
  • Do I have a physical, mental, or emotional disability that affects my ability to study, learn, process information, access classrooms or resources, or otherwise limits or interferes with my abilities to be a successful student?
  • Do I have problems studying, learning, processing information, concentrating, or getting things done even though I have never been diagnosed with a disability?
  • Did I need or have I received accommodations in high school or on a job?
  • Do I avoid reading because I do not seem to understand when I read something the first time?
  • Did I have an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or a 504 Plan in high school?

If you answered "yes" to one or more of the above questions, you may need an accommodation. If you could benefit from accommodations, it is very important for you to understand that you should request accommodations on or before you register for classes– to wait may result in you not doing well in college.

When you schedule a visit to Northeast, please request a visit with Mary Balaski, Disability Services Coordinator.

Questions and/or request for services please contact:

Disability Services Coordinator
Northeast Community College
PO Box 469
Norfolk, NE
Office: CWC 1263
(402) 844-7343