Students Rights & Responsibilities
To Register to Vote in Nebraska you must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age or will be 18 years of age on or before the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November
- Live in the state of Nebraska
- Have not been convicted of a felony, or if convicted your civil rights have been restored
- Have not been officially found to be mentally incompetent
The registration form if mailed must be postmarked on or before the third Friday before the election. Upon receipt of the registration form, the election commissioner or county clerk will send you a notice of registration if the voter registration is proper.
Political Party Affiliation:
If you wish to vote in both partisan and nonpartisan primary elections, you must indicate a political affiliation on the registration form. If you register without a political party affiliation (independent) you will receive only the nonpartisan ballots at the primary election.
Voter Registration Cards
Voter registration cards are available in the Student Services office.
Call your County Clerk or Election Commissioner