Develop skills for a lifetime.
Resident Assistants (RAs) are a team of student housing residents selected to assist with the daily operation of the on-campus resident housing facilities. Contact the Student Life Office at (402) 844-7150.
Student Activities Council (SAC)
Student Activities Council (SAC) is comprised of a volunteer group of students who help to coordinate and implement activities that are free for the student body including Monday Night@ the Movies and Wacky Wednesdays. Contact the Student Activities Office at (402) 844-7159.
A team of 10-12 selected students who help promote Northeast by giving campus tours, hosting and participating in appreciation/recognition activities, speaking to civic organizations in their hometown and Norfolk, and sending thank you and other cards to prospective students.
To become a Northeast Student Ambassador, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have demonstrated academic achievement, possessing no lower than a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Have the ability and willingness to be a positive role model.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Have a positive attitude towards Northeast Community College and a desire to promote the College to others.
- Be willing to serve for at least one academic year (two semesters).
- Have applied and been interviewed by current Student Ambassadors.
Student Leadership Association
The Northeast Community College Student Leadership Association consists of eleven students who are elected or appointed to represent the student body on campus. They serve on all major councils and committees, boost student morale, and voice student concerns and opinions to the college administration.
The purposes of the Student Leadership Association include:
- To develop leadership and service.
- To cultivate communication among students, faculty, staff, and administration of Northeast Community College.
- To promote active citizenship and volunteerism by conducting special projects that allow Student Leadership Association members to learn through providing service activities that meet campus and community needs.
- To develop and promote opportunities for the benefit of the Northeast Community College student body.
- To maintain a clear representation of student body views.