About The Library
Welcome to the Northeast Community College Library Resource Center. The library staff is always happy to assist you in making the most efficient use of a wealth of resources. We provide individual assistance and collaborate with faculty to offer sessions on the effective use of technologies, research techniques and the use of the library's electronic resources including over 40 databases.
Through subscription databases, the library provides access to full text articles from thousands of journals plus abstracts and citations from many more. A vast collection of eBooks is available through our subscription to eBook collections from EBSCO.
Membership in the ONELibrary consortium allows us to provide web access to the collections of several other libraries. You can search not only our collection, but also those of Columbus Public Library, Central Community College Library, Norfolk Public Library, Schuyler, Scottsbluff and Wayne Public Library.
Our goal is to provide for the information needs of our students, faculty and staff. Please contact us whenever we can be of assistance.
The library's databases provide access to articles and other types of information found in books, journals, newspapers and other subscription services.
The databases are made available through the Northeast Library Resource Center and the Nebraska Library Commission and are intended for the use of students, faculty and staff of Northeast only. Under copyright laws you may print or download reasonable quantities from these databases for educational or scholarly purposes. Excessive downloading, copying or distribution for commercial use is a violation of copyright laws.
Unauthorized use of databases and their resources may result in termination of services.
Please see the Library Catalog page for current hours.
- Book collection: Over 6,000 books
- Electronic books: Over 80,000 books have been digitized and made available in an electronic format from eBooks by EBSCO.
- Periodicals: Print and digital magazines and journals ranging from subject specific academic and industry publications to general interest magazines.
- Newspapers: National, state and local newspapers.
- Computers: Wi-Fi/Internet access, B&W and color printers available for students, faculty and staff.
- Electronic databases: Including the catalog of Northeast library's books and more than 40 databases covering general topics and databases specific to subjects or disciplines.
- Resource Sharing (Interlibrary Loan): When journal articles, books or other library materials you need are not available at Northeast, the library will borrow them for you from another library.
- Reference Assistance: Librarians will assist you in answering basic reference questions or help you with in-depth research.
- Library Orientation: The library staff will assist you in learning how to effectively use the library's resources. We will be happy to work with you one on one, give group presentations in classrooms or the library or provide quick sessions (mini lessons) on specific databases, search techniques or subject searches.
- Course Reserves: Faculty members may keep books, videos or articles on reserve in the library. The library staff will make reserved materials available to students to use in the library.
- Collection Development: The library director will work with teaching faculty members to build subject collections and acquire library materials which support the college's various teaching programs.