Job shadowing is an opportunity to gain valuable exposure to a career you are interested in pursuing after graduation. Job shadowing has many benefits, including:
- Gaining a better understanding of the work environment and the skills required for specific occupations
- Understanding the relationship between what you learn in class and what you will experience in the workplace
- Networking with professionals in your field
- Seeing day-to-day tasks
- Learning more about what it takes to be successful from someone working in that field
- Discovering additional career opportunities you had not considered
Career Services is here to help ensure you have a smooth, quality job shadowing experience.
- Job shadowing does not take a lot of time, most job shadow experiences are completed in one day.
- Career Services has a variety of employers already committed to our Job Shadow Program.
- Career Services will assist students in finding the best employer to meet your interests.
- Career Services will offer guidance to students when coordinating your job shadow experience.
How do I get started?
Email Career Services to schedule a meeting. These meetings can be done In-person or by Zoom
Career Services Contact: Lisa Belz-Career Education & Outreach Coordinator email@example.com