2022 Northeast Annual Jazz Festival
Monday, March 28, 2022 (Levels III & IV)
Tuesday, March 29, 2022 (Levels I & II)
Cox Activities Center
Entry Deadline – February 25, 2022
- One "open" Jr. High division competition for Jazz Bands & Show Choirs/Jazz Choirs
- Three divisions of High School Jazz Bands, Show Choirs, and Jazz Choirs
General Festival Information
- Three judges will critique the groups.
- Each group must provide performance programs (not music scores) for the judges. Soloists must be named on these programs to qualify for solo awards.
- Vocal groups are provided with: acoustic piano, chairs, music stands, platform staging (4-4’x8’x8", 16", and 24") is pre-set and remains stationary, and three solo mics for Show Choirs, twelve solo mics for Jazz Choirs. Microphones are not wireless and are managed by the Audio Recording department only. No additional microphones will be provided.
- Jazz Bands are provided with: acoustic piano, vibes, chairs, music stands, standard staging, and three solo mics.
The number of entries is limited.
Entries are accepted on a "First Come, First Served" basis.
Entry Deadline: February 25, 2022.
Fee: $150 Per Group. Entry Fees are non-refundable.
Performance time requests cannot be guaranteed but will be accommodated if possible. You may submit your entry blank here but will need to send a check payable to Northeast Community College in a NON-WINDOWED envelope. Mail to:Margaret Schultz, Festival Manager
PO Box 469
Norfolk, NE 68702
Entries submitted electronically will not be considered complete until your fee has been received.
Performance program blanks will be sent when completed entry blanks are received. Participants are reminded that this festival operates in a competition, not a concert format. Each group is allowed a 25-minute time slot which Includes: Set-up, Performance, and Teardown. Performance and warm-up times are monitored. No overruns are permitted and no schedule alterations are allowed the day of the festival. Overrun penalties may include reduction in performance rating and/or elimination from all trophy award considerations.