CRRSAA Act Information
Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA HEERF II)
The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) II provides emergency funding to assist students during the coronavirus pandemic. The CRRSAA grant requires Northeast to spend at least $864,604 on emergency grants issued directly to students.
Northeast may award student grants for:
- Any component of the student’s cost of attendance budget
- Emergency cost that arise due to coronavirus such as tuition, food, housing, health care and childcare
Northeast Community College has followed the guidance from the Department of Education to determine which students are eligible to receive HEERF II grants and the amount that each student will receive. These grants will be distributed to students automatically. Students will not need to apply to receive these funds.
Northeast is required to prioritize grants to students with exceptional financial need. The Department of Education encourages the use of FAFSA data and, more specifically, the student’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC) to measure this financial need. Northeast defined exceptional need as students with a Pell eligible EFC or an EFC of 5711 or less.
Students attending 6 or more credit hours in the Spring 2021 term that have a Pell eligible EFC of 5711 or less received $1000 and students attending in 5 or less credits that have Pell eligible EFC of 5711 or less received $250.00. Refunds were issued on April 1, 2021 and students were notified via their Northeast email address.
Additional information about CRRSAA/HEERF II from the Department of Education can be found at: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/faqsfora1crrsaaheerfii.pdf.
Event Updates & Student Services Information
Information about student services and the events that have been canceled or postponed at Northeast.
Centers and Organizations
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
- Elkhorn Logan Valley Public Health Department
- North Central District Health Department
- Northeast Nebraska Public Health Department
- Nebraska Department of Insurance Consumer Alert Coronavirus
- Blue Cross Blue Shield response to the Coronavirus
- FBA Information