NIFA Rural Tech+ Classes
The NIFA Rural Tech+ classes are focused on providing those working in agriculturally connected businesses access to courses in technology. Courses include topics such as Microsoft Excel and Basic Information Security, and more can be developed based upon demand.
Employers - Further Develop Your Team
Upskill your employees. Northeast Community College is working with agriculturally connected businesses to create learning plans to fit their needs. Whether you have one employee or an entire department that need additional training, we can work together to find a solution. Also, new courses are being developed based upon demand. So, if you don’t see a topic you want your employees trained in, let’s talk.
Individuals – Enhance Your Skills
Demand is high for professionals in the workplace who have an understanding of technology. Set yourself apart by taking a course or two that will provide you with foundational knowledge to be successful.
There is a need to have foundational technological skills and with support from the grant through the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Northeast may be able to waive tuition, the certification exam fee or offer a stipend for individuals working in agriculturally connected businesses. Let’s discuss your funding options.
About the courses:
These non-credit courses are offered online using Zoom. View the currently scheduled courses:
Basic CompTIA A+ Certification Prep
Advanced CompTIA A+ Certification Prep
Or contact us to discuss a technology course you are interested in.
Expectations for grant recipients:
- Participant will complete an initial survey in a timely manner, unless completed during a prior round of the courses. (stipends/reimbursements are contingent upon completion of initial survey)
- Participant will attend all classes (no more than one absence per class to be considered for stipend/reimbursements)
- Participant will provide survey feedback in a timely manner per class for continuous improvement goals at Northeast Community College. We want to continue to improve what we do to meet your growing needs.
- Participant will complete follow up surveys in a timely manner required by the grant at intervals of 2nd quarter post class participation and 4th quarter post class participation.
- Reimbursements allowed through grant:
- Stipend for incumbent workers $200
- Certification Exam Fee for incumbent workers $350
- Prior Learning Application Fee for incumbent workers - $35
- Certification Exam Fee for entry level preparation = $350
- Tuition Waiver for entry level preparation = 12 hours per participant - $105/hour
- Prior learning application fee for entry level preparation = $35
This work is supported by RuralTech + [grant no. 2022-67037-36263] from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture. With support from the grant through the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Northeast may be able to waive tuition, the certification exam fee or offer a stipend for individuals working in agriculturally connected businesses.