Physical Therapist Assistant Application
Welcome to the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program at Northeast. Our program is dedicated to preparing students to work as valuable health care providers who are employable in any physical therapy setting. The program was established in 1994 and is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
I appreciate your interest in our PTA Program and thank you for choosing Northeast as an avenue to your future career. Physical therapy is a very interactive and rewarding career. You will continually meet new people, learn new technology, and use cutting edge treatment techniques. The Northeast PTA Program has a well-established relationship and reputation in the state. Employers actively seek our graduates to hire in clinics and hospitals across Nebraska.
The program is intense and academically challenging and one that requires hard work and dedication. Engaged teaching experiences promote an interactive learning environment that includes both didactic and clinical training. Our academic and clinical instructors are outstanding and very devoted to student learning. Because of this, graduates are well-prepared to take the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE).
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact us at PTA@northeast.edu.
Laura Schwanebeck, MPT
Director of Physical Therapist Assistant Program
The program has a competitive application process and accepts a limited number of students each year. There is no waiting list, therefore a complete and timely application is important. Below is the schedule for the PTA program applicants.
- October 1, 2021 – PTA program application deadline
- October 15, 2021 – Mid-term grades due from transferring students
- October 22, 2021 – Interview notifications sent via email
- November 5, 2021 – Interviews
- November 8, 2021 – Acceptance notifications sent via email
- November 15, 2021 – Required orientation and spring registration for accepted applicants
- Complete and submit the Northeast Application for Admission. Indicate your major as Physical Therapy: Pre professional-Associate of Science (AS). Note: Acceptance to Northeast Community College does not ensure acceptance into the program of Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Print and complete the material in the Physical Therapist Assistant Program Applicant Packet available beginning April 1. A hardcopy of the packet material may be requested by contacting the Health and Wellness Executive Assistant at (402) 844-7325 or by emailing PTA@northeast.edu.
- Submit official college transcripts (if applicable), attention Registrar's Office through Northeast's Records and Registration Department.
- Submit all application material by October 1, 2021.
You may submit individual materials as you complete them or all at one time. Only application materials received or post-marked by October 1, 2021, will be considered. Applicants can refer to valuable information regarding the scoring of the cover letter, resume, and interview on the rubrics provided below.
Completed application material needs to be returned to the following address and must be postmarked before or on October 1, 2021.Northeast Community College
Physical Therapist Assistant Program
PO Box 469
Norfolk, NE 68702-0469
FAX: (402) 844-7390