Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Northeast Community College is actively monitoring the situation surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Northeast has been in contact with state, area, and local public health agencies and is following the Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommended guidelines. The health and safety of our students, staff, faculty, and the communities we serve is of high importance, and we encourage you to follow the CDC guidelines for best practices to minimize the spread of the virus.
College Status: Spring semester underway.
Delivery Methods Defined
The Consolidated Appropriations Act 2021, temporarily expands SNAP eligibility to include students, who either:
Are eligible to participate in state or federally financed work study during the regular school year, as determined by the institution of higher education, or have an expected family contribution (EFC) of $0 in the current academic year.
Have questions? For additional information about SNAP in your state, to file an application for SNAP benefits, or to get information about how these eligibility rules apply to your household’s circumstances, contact your local SNAP office.
Standard Operating Procedures
Frequently Asked Questions
Things You Can Do Now To Stay Safe
Here are simple things you can do to help yourself and others to stay healthy:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Stay home and away from others when you are sick for the full duration of illness.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe (door knobs, light switches, cabinet handles, remotes, cell phones, etc.)
- Get the facts, make a plan.
Elkhorn Logan Valley Public Health Department
Video: Simple Steps to Protect You and Your Friends
Event Updates & Student Services Information
Information about student services and the events that have been canceled or postponed at Northeast.
Centers and Organizations
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
- Elkhorn Logan Valley Public Health Department
- North Central District Health Department
- Northeast Nebraska Public Health Department
- Nebraska Department of Insurance Consumer Alert Coronavirus
- Blue Cross Blue Shield response to the Coronavirus
- FBA Information