Pursuing a Healthcare Career?
Project HELP (Health Education Laddering Program) assists income-eligible individuals with education, training, and supportive services as they pursue high wage - high demand healthcare careers.
Project HELP students receive financial assistance through scholarships, laptop check outs, school supplies, program-specific supplies, transportation assistance and more. Academic/ Support services are provided through Success Coaching and Career Coaching. Students are required to meet with their success coach monthly to stay eligible for Project HELP services.
To qualify for Project HELP, students must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, be able to receive federal benefits, and meet program-specific income guidelines.
Students must be pursing one of the following healthcare programs:
- Medical Assisting
- Medication Aide
- Nursing Assistant
- Practical Nursing (LPN)
- Registered Nursing (RN)
- Surgery Technician
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Health Information Management Services
- Community Health Worker
Project HELP offers individual support, referrals, college success and career coaching, scholarships and more.
- School supplies
- Transportation Assistance to/from classes
- Required academic advising and success coaching
- Assistance completing FAFSA and applying for scholarships/sponsorships
- College Success Workshops
- Access to a laptop through checkout program
- Employment Success Guide and Workshops
- Resume/Interview Assistance
- Financial assistance for program specific supplies such as tools, scrubs, stethoscopes, etc.
- Referrals to community and campus resources