- Each pair of partners will receive an opponent’s name and phone number from Marcus Clapp.
- It is the teams’ responsibility to contact one another and arrange a date and time within the week to play.
- It will be the winner’s responsibility to contact Marcus Clapp by each deadline; failure to do so will be a forfeit.
- Each match will be best two out of three games.
Playing the Game
- Serve must bounce on both ends of the table
- Play-after the bounce on your side, hit the ball back to your opponent’s side and bounce on the table. If you hit before the ball bounces, you lose a point.
- If the ball doesn’t land on the other end because it goes out of bounds, you lose a point.
- Fall on the net- if the ball is hit to the net and doesn’t land on the other end, you lose a point
- Bounce twice or more- player on that side loses a point
- Freehand- the hand that’s not holding the paddle cannot touch the table. If it does touch-fault, lose a point
- The first player to score 11 points wins the game.
- The game must be won by two points.
- A match is best two out of three.
Serving and Choice of Ends
- Coin Toss or Paper, Rock, Scissor determines who can pick to SERVE or RECEIVE or choice of ends.
- After each game, you will alternate ends. Should there be a tie, one game to one game, the players will change ends after the first player reaches five points in the final game.
- Each player serves two points and switches the serve to the opponent. At deuce (10:10), the serves alternate between each player.
How to Sign Up
Signing up is easy. If you already have a team, then fill out the roster form (located under Intramural Board in the Cox Activity Center) and submit it to Cox 110. If you don't have a team but would like to sign up as a "free agent", then fill out our free agent application.