Skip to main content

Records and Registration

Veteran Course Certification Request

Please fill out the form to request course certification.

Please correct the following errors:

Step 1

Personal Information

Are your degree, major, and graduation term correct in DegreeWorks?
See your DegreeWorks Audit in MyApps.

Are your phone numbers, address, and email correct in MyNortheast?
See your Personal Information in your MyNortheast account.

It is recommended that you contact Northeast Community College Student Accounts in each term to discuss the way your military benefits will impact your student account.
(Please point out that you plan to use military benefits.) (402) 844-7001

Certify All Registered Coursework this Term?

Step 2

Benefit Information

If you will be using more than one benefit, please complete the entire form for each benefit you plan to use.

Are you currently serving on Active Duty?

Have you served on Active Duty since your last enrollment?

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Step 3


By submitting this form I verify that the above information is true and accurate and I am agreeing to the following:

  • Submitting the Certification Request Form is not a guarantee that I can be certified for my courses.
  • Certification of my courses by Northeast Community College is not a guarantee of payment to me or Northeast.
  • If I am using Chapter 1606 or Chapter 30, I will need to complete the Enrollment Verification (WAVE) through the VA Portal (or by phone at 888.GIBILL1) at the end of each month before my payment is issued.
  • As of December 2021, Chapter 33 students will need to Verify Enrollment each month for the release of their BAH. Please watch for an email and/or text alert from the VA explaining this process. If you do not receive the alert, please call (888) 442-4551 to discuss the verification process. If your enrollment is not verified for two consecutive months, the VA will withhold your BAH.
  • Only courses that apply directly to the degree, diploma, or certificate currently listed in my DegreeWorks audit can be certified. If my degree is Associate of Arts or Associate of Science, some elective coursework may not be applicable to my degree and cannot be certified.
  • Enrollment in a 1st 8 weeks, 2nd 8 weeks, or any course that spans less than the full term may impact my benefit payments.
  • For students using Chapter 33 benefits, at least one enrolled full term course must be taught in a classroom format to receive the full benefit payout.
  • Online remedial English or Math courses cannot be certified.
  • If there are specific courses in this term, for which I do not want certification, I will identify these courses by providing hard copy documentation to the Admissions and Registration Department.
  • Course withdrawals, changes, or additions may impact my benefits.
  • Failed courses and non-attendance may impact my benefits.
  • I must submit a new Certification Request form for each term that I would like my courses certified. Without completion of this form, my courses will not be certified and payments will not be issued by the Veterans Administration (VA).
  • I understand the financial obligation I will have related to this enrollment and my VA benefits.
  • A veteran hold, preventing schedule changes, will be placed on my account only if there are specific circumstances related to my benefits, which need to be addressed. (Ex. missing paperwork, advisement or other unique certification issues)
  • Further information about the availability dates to drop or add courses through your My Northeast account may be found on our website.
  • I authorize Northeast Community College to release the information required for use of the benefit I have selected above.
  • All communication from Northeast about my military benefits will come to my email account.
  • If I have questions about any of the above items, I will contact Veteran Services in the Admissions and Registration Department at (402) 844-7265