Northeast Community College will no longer accept cash beginning May 1, 2024.
Northeast Community College accepts Visa, Mastercard and Discover. Students may use a credit/debit card to pay online or by telephone. To pay by telephone call the Student Accounts office at (402) 844-7001. Any credit/debit card payment made vis the telephone may not be reflected on the student's account until the next business day.
Students may send a payment by mail. Please provide your CWID (College Wide ID) with your payment so it is applied to the appropriate account. Students who choose to mail their payments should allow sufficient time for their payment to reach Student Accounts by the due date. The mailing address for Student Accounts is:Northeast Community College
PO Box 469
Norfolk, NE 68702-0469
Northeast Community College will no longer accept cash for tuition, fees, room, and board beginning May 1, 2024.
What if the customer only has cash?
- Customers deposit cash into bank accounts and pay online or call Student Accounts.
- Customers take cash to a bank, Walmart, or post office to obtain a cashier's check or money order.
- Customers buy a prepaid Visa card and pay online, in the Student Accounts office, or call Student Accounts.
Benefits of going cashless:
- Improve the student experience.
- Improved accountability and internal control.
- Reduce security risks for handling cash (fraud and human error)
- Mitigate campus health and safety considerations.
- Payment transactions can be expedited.
To help you meet your educational expenses, Northeast Community college is proud to offer Nelnet Campus Commerce (NCC) as a convenient budget plan.
- There are no interest or finance charges, and a credit check is not required. NCC is the leading tuition payment plan provider in the industry, and Northeast strives to provide you with sensible strategies for covering the costs of college.
- Automatic Bank Payment (ACH) will be used to make your monthly payment(s) on the 5th of each month through the responsible party's bank account or credit card account.
- The NCC program is based on electronic payments developed on a predetermined schedule. Students and their families know in advance when each payment will be made as well as the amount of each payment. This allows them to more easily budget the monthly payments for tuition and related expenses. The plan requires a $30.00 per semester nonrefundable NCC Enrollment Fee. This fee will be deducted from your account by NCC.
Our Commitment to You
Collection of Information
Northeast Community College will collect and use information obtained from credit card transactions only for business purposes. These business purposes include the payment of student tuition and fees, room, board, textbooks and other course materials.
Protecting Your Credit Card Information
The credit card information provided by you to Northeast Community College will be stored in a confidential manner. Our employees may access such information only when there is an appropriate business reason to do so, such as when a refund must be issued back to the credit card. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information, and our employees are required to follow these privacy standards.
Disclosure of Your Information
Northeast Community College does not disclose any nonpublic information (such as a credit card number and their expiration dates) about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as required by law. We disclose information only when it is necessary for the conduct of College, State or Federal government business, or under circumstances where disclosure is required by law. Information may also be disclosed for audit purposes, to regulatory agencies or for other general administrative services. We do not disclose information about you to other entities who may want to sell their products to you.
Tuition and fees for the fall and spring terms will be refunded in full if a student withdraws before or during the first two weeks of the semester. After the second week, tuition and fees will be refunded according to the refund schedule. Students must officially (in writing) withdraw from class or classes after the first week by submitting a completed withdrawal form to the Registrar's Office. Tuition and fees for summer terms will be refunded in full if a student withdraws before or during the second day of the semester. After the second day, tuition and fees will be refunded according to the refund schedule. Students must officially withdraw from class or classes after the second day by submitting a completed withdrawal form to the Registrar's Office. Course and materials fees are not refundable once a class begins, except when the college cancels a class.
|Week of Regular Semester
|Percent of Refund
|First and Second Weeks
|Third and Fourth Weeks
|After Fourth Week
For any course that does not run the full length of the fall or spring term, the refund percentage is adjusted for the length of the course. These courses may be in a first or second eight week session, a short term class, or during a summer term.
If a student has received financial aid, a tuition refund will be used to restore amounts to the aid programs involved. All educational costs incurred up to the time of withdrawal will be considered in determining any additional overpayment of aid. This repayment policy is established according to federal regulations pertaining to federal student aid.
All remaining credit balance refunds will be paid to the student by direct deposit (for students with a completed direct deposit on file with Student Accounts) or a check. Refunds are generally issued within two or three weeks from the date the withdrawal form is received. The refund will be issued to the student.
Financial Aid Refunds
After all Northeast costs for the semester have been paid on your account, a refund of any excess financial aid funds will be direct deposited (for students with a completed direct deposit form on file with Student Accounts) or a check will be mailed approximately fourteen days after the start of the term or completion of the financial aid process.
To enroll for direct deposit for student refunds, complete submit the Student Direct Deposit Authorization Steps.