Cap, Gown and Ticket Information
Graduates will receive detailed information about their specific ceremony, including arrival time and place, and processional and recessional instructions, in the regalia packet, distributed on May 5th or 6th.
A photo ID is required for release of the cap, gown and tickets. This can be a driver's license or student ID. These items will only be released to the prospective graduate. They will not be released to friends or family even if they have the prospective graduate's ID.
Cap, gown and ticket distribution is for tentative graduates who have indicated on their Graduation Application that they planned to attend the commencement ceremony. The regalia packet, including the cap, gown and tickets will not be released to students with Student Account holds. Questions about holds should be directed to the Northeast Student Accounts Department in the College Welcome Center, (402) 844-7001.
Caps, Gowns and Tassels
Graduates are encouraged to try on the gown as soon as possible. Exchanges from our small inventory will be made on a first come, first served basis. Different sizes will not be available after 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 20, 2021. It is recommended that the gown be placed on a hanger for several days to allow the packing folds to fall. If pressing the gown is required, the manufacturer recommends placing a damp towel beneath a warm iron and to iron on the underside of the gown. Ironing directly on the gown may damage the fabric.
All participants are required to wear academic caps and gowns at Commencement. To maintain the formal look of the regalia, Northeast suggests that men wear dark dress slacks and shoes. Women are encouraged to wear a dress that is no longer than the gown or dark dress slacks with dark shoes. Direct your questions about regalia to the Admissions and Registration Department at (402) 844-7265.
Phi Theta Kappa members
Students who are members of Phi Theta Kappa may borrow a graduation stole for the ceremony. On commencement day, graduation stoles may be picked up in the College Welcome Center, room 1108B. Students desiring to pick up a stole prior to commencement day are welcome to contact Colleen Barnes. Immediately after the ceremony, stoles should be returned to the Phi Theta Kappa advisors in the College Welcome Center, room 1108B. If the stole is not returned, the student's account will be billed through the Northeast Student Accounts Department. Students wishing to purchase a stole, may do so at https://www.ptk.org/Store from the "Recognitions" catalog. For further information, please contact Colleen Barnes at (402) 844-7670 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To meet Northeast Community College's COVID-19 protocols, please note the following:
Each student will be given 1 ticket, admitting 4 guests. Tickets will be distributed with the regalia packet at Cap, Gown and Ticket Distribution on May 5th or 6th. Guest groups must present this 1 ticket to an usher for entrance into the Cox Activities Center.
- Masks are required.
- Guests will group together outside the Cox Activities Center and enter the building together.
- Guest groups must present their ticket to an usher for entrance into the Cox Activities Center.
- Children younger than two years may be held during the ceremony and are not counted in the 4-guest total.
- The graduate is not counted in the 4-guest total.
- Guest groups will sit together in *bleacher seating in the Cox Activities Center.
- The building will open for admission 30 minutes prior to the ceremony time.
- The graduate processional will begin 10 minutes prior to the ceremony time. Guests not seated by this time, will wait in the foyer until the processional is completed.
- The ceremony will last approximately 1 hour.
- All ceremonies will be streamed live by the Northeast Media Arts programs at team1sports.com/northeastcc/. Ceremonies will be available on demand at a later date.
Need help or additional information?
If you need assistance or additional information please visit our office in the College Welcome Center, fill out our contact form, or contact: