Health and Wellness
Take a training course to learn life-saving skills from the experts. Northeast Community College and the Center for Enterprise offer a variety of classes to meet the needs of the general public, as well as public and private organizations and licensed healthcare professionals. Classes are offered in the areas of bloodborne pathogen, first aid, CPR, AED and are customizable to meet specific needs and interests.
Healthcare Provider CPR
- The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner. This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
Healthcare Provider Renewal
- Healthcare Provider CPR Renewal is a course that is specifically designed to provide in-depth training including 2-man and use of the AED. This program is for those of you who hold a professional license, work in a healthcare facility, or volunteer with a fire department or EMS Service and have a current card that needs renewing
Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens
- This course is designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens (BBP) training when paired with site-specific instruction. The American Heart Association's course uses the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan, "Make a PACT, Know How to Act," to help students learn and easily recall bloodborne pathogens training. Students will learn how to: Protect themselves from exposure to bloodborne pathogens, Act when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace, Clean themselves and the area when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace. Tell or report any exposure to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace.
Heartsaver CPR AED
- The Heartsaver CPR course is a modular CPR course that teaches how to recognize and treat life-threatening emergencies including cardiac arrest and choking for responsive and non-responsive adults, children & infants. The general public is the target audience for this course. the application and use of the automated, electronic defibrillator (AED) is also included. An American Heart Association CPR/AED course certification card will be issued upon successful completion.
Heartsaver First Aid
- The Heartsaver First Aid course teaches how to manage illness and injuries in the first few minutes until professional help arrives. Course content includes: general principles, medical emergencies, and injury emergencies. First Aid course topics may include: rescuer duties, victim and rescuer safety, phoning for help, finding the problem, after the emergency, breathing problems, choking, bad allergic reactions, heart attack, fainting, diabetes and low blood sugar, stroke, seizures, shock, wounds, head, neck, and spine injury, broken bones and sprains, burns and electrocution, bites and stings, temperature-related emergencies, and poison emergencies. This course is designed for any person who wants to learn these important lifesaving skills, and for those who have a duty to respond to a first aid or cardiac emergency because of job responsibilities or regulatory requirements. An American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid course certification card will be issued upon successful completion.
Customized Training to Fit Your Needs
Northeast Community College can customize training to meet your business or organization's needs. Training can be held at one of Northeast's facilities or yours and will be arranged to fit your schedule to include various shifts if necessary.
Please contact one of our staff members for more information about customized training: