First Year Checklist
Make sure you're prepared every step of the way
BEFORE NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
AFTER NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
- Log in to your Northeast email and update your contact info. Designate your phone number and email address as primary - not your parents.
- Review the Payment Options for students and parents with details about payment plans, bills and direct deposit.
- Use the Job Board to find a job, including work study.
- Student loan borrowers must complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and loan entrance counseling.
- Complete the required alcohol and sexual conduct (Title IX) modules (you will be sent the links in your email).
- Sign up for your move-in time
- Visit housing for helpful tips.
- Familiarize yourself with the Student Code of Conduct.
- Talk with family about how you will update them on your academic progress, how often you will call and budgets.
- Determine what textbooks you need and where you will purchase them. If you plan to purchase from the Hawk Shop, order now.
- Bookmark Academic Support for academic tutoring, writing center and study skills.
- New student move-in day is August 19.
DURING THE FIRST THREE WEEKS OF THE SEMESTER
- Visit buildings around campus and introduce yourself!
- Pay your tuition bill
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to develop your academic plan.
- Find at least one academic and one interest-related student organization to be a part of.
- Attend an athletic event
- Connect on social media