Northeast Community College offers students several scholarships, merit tuition waivers, and performance grants established by the College and by the Northeast Foundation. Qualifications, deadlines, and amounts vary.
Application and Eligibility
Students can apply for most scholarships available through a single scholarship application located in their My Apps portal.
- On October 1st each year, students with an admissions application on file can apply for scholarships for the upcoming academic year through the online Scholarship Application located in their My Apps portal.
- The priority deadline for this application is March 1st; however, students have until the following September 30th to apply. Submission of the online application allows a student to be considered for scholarships awarded by the Northeast Financial Aid Office and your information may be shared with the scholarship selection committee.
- Scholarship awards are contingent upon confirmation of lawfully present in the United States.
- Need Based scholarships will only be awarded to students with a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file. Recipients that do not demonstrate need after verification is completed will have the scholarship removed from their financial aid award and the scholarship will be awarded to the alternate.
- Scholarship recipients must meet Northeast's Financial Aid Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy and all the qualifications of the scholarship at the time of selection and at each disbursement of the scholarship dollars.
Northeast Program-Specific Scholarships
Just the one online scholarship application is required for both the program specific and general scholarships available at Northeast Community College. Scholarship listings are subject to change.
• Administrative Professional
• Auto Body Repair Technology
• Automotive Technology
• Building Construction
• Community Health Worker
• Criminal Justice
• Diesel Technology
• Electrical Construction and Control
• Emergency Medical Services
• General Scholarships
• Graphic Design
• Health, Physical Education and Recreation
• Heating and Air Conditioning
• Horticulture and Golf Course Management
• Liberal Arts
• Library Information Science
• Media Arts
• Medication Aide
• Nursing Practical
• Nursing-Associate Degree
• Physical Therapist Assistant
• Plumbing Technology
• Political Science
• Pre-Medical Assistant
• Pre-Professional Mortuary Science
• Radiologic Technology
• Respiratory Care
• Surgical Technology
• Truck Driving
• Utility Line
• Veterinary Technology
• Vocational Programs
• Wind Energy
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
Check the following sources to verify the legitimacy of any financial aid consultants or search services you may use or hire and for tips on avoiding scholarship scams:
- U.S. Department of Education: www.studentaid.gov
- Federal Trade Commission: www.ftc.gov
- Better Business Bureau: www.bbb.com
Department Scholarships and Tuition Waivers
Department Scholarships and Tuition Waivers are awarded in limited numbers through individual departments. Please contact the individual department on how to apply.
- Athletics: Jerrett Mills, Athletic Director (402) 844-7271
- Journalism: Dr. Wade Herley (402) 844-7299
- Livestock Judging: Mike Roeber (402) 844-7183
- Music: Margaret Schultz (402) 844-7765
- Theatre: Adam Peterson (402) 844-7763
New scholarships are frequently available during the academic year. Information on how to apply maybe found on the website, in the financial aid office, and Hawk Insider. Program specific scholarship opportunities are emailed to eligible students.
Need help or additional information?
Email the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (402) 844-7285 or schedule an appointment.