Job Fair and Events
Spring Career Fair
Tuesday, March 16, 2021
10:30 am to 2:00 pm
Cox Activities Center
We are at capacity and no longer accepting registrations. If you would like to be placed on a waiting list, please contact Career Services at email@example.com or (402) 844-7264. We also invite employers to post jobs on the job board.
Question About Job Search
I am graduating and was in the middle of a job search – what should I be doing when it seems many companies are not hiring?
Keep up your search! Employers are still hiring and many are able to handle the application process remotely. Some employers will put their searches on hold but stay in touch with them to keep informed of their hiring needs.
The following ideas will help keep you on track:
- Shift your mindset. It is okay and understandable to be frustrated and upset about the timing of the coronavirus with your job search. However, the sooner you can envision the possibilities, the sooner you can create and execute a new plan of action. There are opportunities out there – you have to act to connect with them.
- Schedule time in your day to work on your search. Stay positive and proactive.
- Keep networking. In the current situation, actively using online resources is even more valuable than ever. Recruiters seek candidates on LinkedIn and important connections, news, and organization information can be found there. If you have not yet created a LinkedIn account, consider adding it to your search strategy.
- Connect specifically with Northeast faculty, staff, family, friends, and alumni in your field.
- Focus on industries not as affected by COVID-19 and/or can conduct their work virtually.
- Practice your video and phone interview skills so you are prepared to make the best impression in such interviews. Connect with Northeast Career Services to schedule a Zoom interview. Or use Big Interview, an online practice interview platform. Use code 0606.
- View a variety of online job boards: Career Services Job Board
- Organize, target, and streamline your job search: Record and track job postings and applications in a spreadsheet or other data management system.
- Set up job alerts on www.indeed.com and other employment sites so you are notified when new job postings in your field are listed. Expand your search keywords. Consider using terms such as, “work at home,” “telecommute,” and “remote.” Expedite your search by using hashtags such as:
#Jobs #HireMe #Hiring
#Resume #Recruiting #Employment
Need Help or Additional Information?
If you need assistance with resumes, cover letters, and applications, or need additional information, please visit our office in the College Welcome Center, fill out our contact form or contact: