Develop skills for a lifetime.
Resident Assistants (RAs) are a team of student housing residents selected to assist with the daily operation of the on-campus resident housing facilities. Contact the Student Life Office at (402) 844-7150.
Student Assistants (SAs) are residents who assist the RAs. The RAs and the SAs work together as a team to create and maintain a successful academic-focused living environment. The RAs work as mentors to the SAs, training them to become RAs. Contact the Student Life Office at (402) 844-7150.
Student Activities Council (SAC)
Student Activities Council (SAC) is comprised of a volunteer group of students who help to coordinate and implement activities that are free for the student body including Monday Night @ the Movies and Wacky Wednesdays. Contact the Student Activities Office at (402) 844-7159.
A team of 10-12 selected students who help promote Northeast by hosting campus tours, hosting and participating in appreciation/recognition activities, speaking to civic organizations in their hometown and Norfolk, and sending thank you and other cards to prospective students.
To become an Northeast Student Ambassador, students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have demonstrated academic achievement, possessing no lower than a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Have the ability and willingness to be a positive role model.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Have a positive attitude towards Northeast Community College and a desire to promote it to others.
- Be willing to serve for at least one academic year (two semesters).
- Have submitted an application and been interviewed by current Student Ambassadors.
To learn more about the Student Ambassador program or to get an application, please call (402) 844-7283 or (800) 348-9033, Ext. 7283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Government Association
The Northeast Community College Student Government Association consists of eleven students who are elected or appointed to represent the student body on campus. They serve on all major councils and committees, boost student morale, and voice student concerns and opinions to the college administration.
The purposes of the Student Government Association include:
- To develop leadership and service.
- To cultivate communication among students, faculty, staff, and administration of Northeast Community College.
- To promote active citizenship and volunteerism by conducting special projects that allow Student Government Association members to learn through providing service activities that meet campus and community needs.
- To develop and promote opportunities for the benefit of the Northeast Community College student body.
- To maintain a clear representation of student body views.
The Northeast Community College Student Government Association welcomes your interest in Student Government. At Northeast, we feel that students, faculty, staff, and administration working together through recognized structure can make a great campus even better.
To learn more about the Student Government Association, please call (402) 844-7161 or (800) 348-9033, Ext. 7161 or email email@example.com.