Rules of Softball
- Softball teams can have up to 10 players.
- Teams must be ready to check in 10 minutes before start time of game.
- Every student must show his or her current NECC student ID before every game in order to play. Teams caught with players that are not NECC student will forfeit.
- You can only be on one team. If you are caught playing on two teams, both teams will forfeit.
- There are nine fielders and one pitcher- your OWN team pitches to you. Pitches must be underhand and travel close to the hip (no windmilling or side arm pitches).
- There are no balls or strikes, each batter is allowed three swings at bat and after that they are out.
- The batting order will alternate including all players.
- Games will be five innings or one (1) hour, whichever comes first.
- There is a 15 run mercy rule after the third inning.
- NO intentional bunting allowed- it is an automatic out.
- No leading off of the bases.
- The umpire will have the final call.
- Ump will forfeit game if disrespected by players.
How to Sign Up
Signing up is easy. If you already have a team, then fill out the roster form and submit it to the Activities Office in the Student Center, room 212A. If you don't have a team but would like to sign up as a "free agent", then fill out our free agent application.