Students in the Precision Agriculture program will develop technical skills and learn to interpret, analyze, and utilize data gathered from precision agriculture technologies to improve production. Graduates will be skilled and competent to work as technicians and producers in a rapidly changing industry that is concerned with maximizing yield potential through resource efficient practices.
A key component of this program is to deepen students’ understanding of the intricacies that exist between agriculture and our natural resources, especially water. Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of agronomic principles that guide effective decision-making in soil, plant and water management.
- Discuss and utilize multiple agriculture GIS programs in a precision agriculture environment
- Apply principles of data-based decision making to improve agricultural operations and outcomes.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in the proper collection of data with careful attention to ensuring data accuracy.
- Identify and explain guidance systems, data collection tools, and variable rate application systems and how they work with each other.
- Demonstrate proper calibration methods and discuss the theory behind calibrations